- Preheat oven to 1800C (Fan 1600C/Gas Mark 4).
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cook the chickpea masala as per instructions on the pack until dry. Leave aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, melt the butter, add the onions and fry until softened. Add the chopped sage and fry a further minute. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, add the cooled chickpea daal, onion mix, cranberries, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Mix together and add enough water to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
** Alternatively, can roll into small balls and bake for 10-15 minutes **