- Dry toast the spices in the spice pouch to help them crisp up and grind in a pestle and mortar. If you don’t have one, you can save the spices for another cook.
- In the same pan, add the chickpea and tarka packets and dry spices and cook until it has a dry consistency. Semi mash them so the masala has some texture but also, sticks together a little. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes, breadcrumbs, a little black pepper and the half the fresh coriander. Add enough beaten egg to combine to a firm texture. Divide the mix into 8 and shape into small round cakes. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix the remaining coriander into the Greek yoghurt and season lightly.
- Heat the oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp all over.
- Serve with the yoghurt and radish relish.
Quick Radish Relish
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Squeeze over half a lime and season to taste. It should be salty, tangy and spicy. Balance to taste. Set aside.